Contemporary Wedding Vow Samples for your modern wedding ceremony, from Portland wedding officiants, to help you say what’s in your hearts:
(Name), I take you to be my lawfully wedded (husband/wife/spouse). Before these witnesses I vow to love you and care for you as long as we both shall live. I take you, with all your faults and strengths, as I offer myself to you with all my faults and strengths. I will help you when you need help, and turn to you when I need help. I choose you as the person with whom I will spend my life.
- I love you, (Name). You are my best friend. Today I give myself to you in marriage. I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you, and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle. I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems hard, when our love is simple, and when it is an effort. I promise to cherish you, and to always hold you in highest regard. These things I give to you today, and all the days of our life.
- Do you Name, take Name, to be your lawfully wedded husband/wife/spouse, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, for better or for worse, until death do us part? I do.
- With this ring, I thee wed and I will hold you in my heart forever.
- (Name), I pledge to you to be your loving friend and partner in marriage. To talk and to listen, to trust and appreciate you; to respect and cherish your uniqueness; and to support, comfort, and strengthen you through life’s joys and sorrows. I promise to share hopes, thoughts, and dreams as we build our lives together. May our lives be ever intertwined, our love keeping us together. May we build a home that is compassionate to all, full of respect and honor for others and each other. And may our home be forever filled with peace, happiness, and love.
- (Name), today I will marry you, my friend, the one I will live with, dream with, and love forever. I take you to be my (husband/wife/spouse). From this day forward I will cherish you. I will look with joy down the path of our tomorrows, knowing we will walk it together side by side, hand in hand, and heart to heart.
- (Name), I promise to love you above all others, and to value your friendship as a precious gift. I look forward to raising our family, and building our relationship, under the care and guidance of God. I promise to stand beside you in sickness or health, in times of prosperity and decline, in peace and in turmoil, as long as we both shall live.
- I, (Name), take you (Name), to be my (husband/wife/spouse), and companion of my days. We shall bear together whatever of sorrow and adversity life may place upon us, and share together whatever of joy and fulfillment life may hold in store. I commit my life to you; a commitment made in love, kept in faith, lived in hope and eternally made anew. I pledge to you a life of giving and of hoping, of growing and of loving. I shall be with you in your tears and in your laughter, just as I shall bring to you my own joys and my own sorrows. You will be my (husband/wife), as long as love remains. My commitment is made in love, kept in faith, lived in hope and eternally made anew.
- I, (Name), take you (Name), to be no other than yourself. Loving what I know of you, trusting what our future will bring to us. Whatsoever life may bring to you, I will be at your side, for all the risings and settings of the sun, for all the days of fullness and in barren times. In the foreknowledge of joy and pain, strength and weariness, I pledge myself to deepening in love and understanding as long as love remains. My commitment is made in love, kept in faith, lived in hope and eternally made anew.
- I, (Name), choose you (Name), as my (husband/wife/spouse), in friendship and in love, in strength and weakness, to share the good times and misfortune, in achievement and failure. I will cherish and respect you through all the changes of our lives, forever giving thanks that we found each other.
- I (Name), in the Name of the spirit of God, that resides within us all, and the love that resides within my heart, take you (Name) to my hand, my heart, and my spirit, to be my chosen one. I promise to love you wholly and completely without restraint, in sickness and in health, in plenty and in poverty, in life and beyond, where we shall meet, remember and love again. I shall not seek to change you in any way. I shall respect you, your beliefs, your people, and your ways as I respect myself. This is my solemn vow.
- (Name), in the presence of our dear family and friends, I pledge to be your (husband/wife/spouse) from this day forward. Where there has been cold, you have brought warmth; where there was darkness, you have brought light. Our miracle lies in the path we have chosen together. I enter this marriage with you, knowing that the true magic of love is not to avoid changes, but to follow the path together, hand in hand. Let us commit to the miracle of making each day work, together. Whatever lies ahead, good or bad, we will face together. Distance may test us for a time, and time may try us. But if we look to each other first, we will always see a friend. For better or worse, richer of poorer, in sickness and health, in joy and in sorrow, to love and to cherish, to be faithful to you alone Today, I take my place as your (husband/wife). May our days be long, and may they be seasoned with faith, love, understanding, and respect, forever and ever. Today is the beginning of the rest of our lives. I choose to spend today, and all of my tomorrows, with you.
- (Name), this day, before our family and friends, with joy in my heart, I pledge myself to you as your (husband/wife/spouse), promising to love you, to cherish our moments together, for now and forever.
- My beloved (Name), emptying my heart of all others, I fill it now with you, to love you until the end of my days as my most treasured spouse. I promise that I will love you, hold you, and enjoy you, console you, delight you, astound you when I can, and cherish you dearly.
- I (Name), take you (Name), to by my (husband/wife/spouse), secure in the knowledge that you will be my constant friend, my faithful partner in life, and my one true love. On this special day, I give you in the presence of God and all those in attendance, my sacred promise to stay by your side as your faithful (husband/wife), in sickness and in health, in joy and in sorrow, as well as through the good times and the bad. I promise to love you without reservation, comfort you in times of distress, encourage you to achieve all of your goals, laugh with you and cry with you, grow with you in mind and spirit, always be open and honest with you, and cherish you for as long as we both shall live.
- (Name), I take you to be my partner; to have and to hold, from this day forward. I give to you my unending love and devotion. I promise to be true to you, to cherish you, and to share my thoughts, hopes, and dreams with you. I look forward to spending the rest of my life with you, my best friend. I will love you forever.
- I take you, (Name), to be my (husband/wife/spouse). I promise to be true to you, in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, and I will love and honor you all the days of my life.
- (Name), I promise to be there when you need me, to fill your days with sunshine, to comfort you and encourage you, to help you reach your goals, to be your best friend ever, and to love you all my life, with all my heart.
- (Name), I take you to be my lifetime partner, secure in the knowledge that you will be my constant friend, and my one true love. On this special day, (Name), I give to you, in the presence of [God and] all these witnesses, my promise to stay by your side, in sickness and in health, in joy and in sorrow, as well as through the good times and the bad. I promise to love you without reservation, comfort you in times of distress, encourage you to achieve all of your goals, laugh with you and cry with you, grow with you in mind and spirit, always be open and honest with you, and cherish you, for as long as we both shall live.
- I, (Name), take (you/thee), (Name), to be my (husband/wife), knowing in my heart that you will be my constant friend, my faithful partner in life, and my one true love.
- I, (Name), ask you, (Name), to be my (husband/wife/spouse), as my friend and my love. On this day I affirm the relationship we have enjoyed, looking to the future to deepen and strengthen it. I will be yours in plenty and in want, in sickness and in health, in failure and in triumph. Together we will dream, will stumble but restore each other. We will share all things, serving each other and our fellow humanity. I will cherish and respect you, comfort and encourage you, be open with you, and stay with you as long as we shall live, freed and bound by our Love.
- (Name), I offer you my Love. I offer you my strength. I offer you my weaknesses. I offer you my support. I offer you my loyalty. I offer you my faith, for as long as we both shall live.
- (Name), I take you to be my (husband/wife/spouse), from this time forward); to join with you and to share all that is to come; to be your faithful (husband/wife/spouse); to give and to receive; to speak and to listen; to inspire and to respond; a commitment made in love, kept in faith, and eternally made new.
- (Name), you are my best friend for life. I pledge to honor, encourage, and support you through our walk together. When our way becomes difficult, I promise to stand by you and uplift you, so that through our bond we can accomplish more than we could alone. I promise to work at our love, and always make you a priority in my life. With every beat of my heart, I will love you. This is my solemn vow.
- (Name), all that I am, and all that I have, I offer to you, in love and in joy. From this day forward I will love and comfort you, hold you close, prize you above all others, and remain faithful to you all the days of our lives.
- (Name), I bring myself to you this day to share my life with you. You can trust my love, for it’s real. I promise to be a faithful mate, and to unfailingly share and support your hopes, dreams, and goals. I vow to be there for you always. When you fall, I will catch you; when you cry, I will comfort you; when you laugh, I will share your joy. Everything I am, and everything I have is yours, from this moment forth, and for eternity.
- (Name), the sun smiles on us today, our wedding day, and how can it not, for our love is stronger than forever, and our hearts beat together as one. I promise to be a true and faithful partner, from this day forward, in all life’s circumstances, as we face them together. In the joys and sorrows, the good times and bad, in sickness or in health, I will always be there for you, to comfort you, love you, honor and cherish you, now and forevermore.
The most popular wedding ring vows:
a1. With this ring I thee wed and honor our vows always.
a2. I offer this ring as a token of my love and with this ring I thee wed.
a3. With this ring I thee wed, with all that I am and all that I have.
a4. With this ring I thee wed and pledge my faithfulness to you alone.
a5. I pledge my love and my life and with this ring I thee wed.
a6. With this ring I thee wed and will remember this day and these promises always.
a7. With this ring I thee wed and pledge my body, mind and spirit to you.
a8. With this ring I thee wed and with my body I thee honor and all my worldly goods I share.
Rev. Maureen Haley, Oregon Wedding Officiant Portland
MAIL: PO Box 80422 Portland, Oregon 97280
offices Beaverton and Portland by appointment ONLY
12555 SW 1st St., Beaverton Oregon
Please bookmark and visit again soon!
How may Portland Oregon wedding officiants help with your Portland wedding planning and Oregon wedding ceremony planning, and Portland wedding vows? We love weddings!
Portland wedding officiants, officiate Oregon wedding officiants, Portland wedding ministers perform Portland wedding ceremony, Oregon weddings ceremony, supporting marriage equality and same sex marriage, Wedding vow samples. ©2016 text Rev. Maureen Haley, Portland Oregon wedding officiant and licensed ordained non-denominational minister